Verse Of The Day

LOL of The Week

LOL of The Week

Now Showing This Week

Now Showing This Week

Followers

Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend Wrap-up!!

Caption Contest Winner: This week it goes to Nadine with her, "Oh Lord!! She's got roadkill on her head!!! What are they thinking is stylish about that????"

Oh, you are so right.....
~~
Weight Watchers Update: Pleased to report a 2.2# drop from last week! This being me down to 214.2. I wonder if my Synthroid is kicking in?
~~
Saturday Mal and I went to the mall for some walking and to give her a chance to play at the playground and burn off some steam. Met up with mom a short while later and walked another 1.5 miles on top of the previous 1.5 miles I did earlier. Noodled around the mall but didn't see any thing I just had to have. Later that night we went toa neighbor's house for a Mardi Gras party. Way too much food, but boy did it taste good. Steve and jenna have been suffering some mild effects of the sudden increase in rich and junk foods. Me? I've got a gut of steel and I'm doing just fine.

Jenna was part of the Angel Choir yesterday at church. They sang "Rock of Ages (Not the Def Leppard version)" and "Open The Eyes To My Heart." This was her first time singing before the congregation and she did GREAT (not that I'm biased, or anything)!!
In church yesterday it was Transformation Day; As the closing sermon in our latest series of "Wired For Worship" our Pastor discussed how one moment can completely transform someone and the moment after the moment. He told us a parable of a man who had been hurt emotionally and physically when he was younger. Because of past events he withdrew and became angry, lashing out at those around him, becoming lonely for fear of being hurt again. He turned to anger and other sinful distractions in an effort to escape. Finally he just got tired of it and he turned back to God and devoted his life to service for Him.

What he said next caught most everyone off-guard. The man he had just described was standing before us all. He got choked up, revealing this incredibly intimate and private part of his life in front of his congregation. I was floored. The stories I had heard of his life seemed idyllic; growing up on a farm in NW Iowa with a close-knit Christian family. This was the last thing I expected to hear.

After the service I waited in line to talk with him, but mainly just to give him a hug for being so brave.

PRB, if you're reading this, I love you and respect you even more for doing what you do.

3 comments:

Robin said...

She looks like she is trying to lead the singing with her arm motions.

Kim said...

Jenna is so adorable!

People's pasts are amazing. You never know what someone might be "hiding." And the truth is, sharing it usually makes us all better - we can all learn from it!

Gina (Mannyed) said...

Jenna looks great up there! She looks to be in her own element.