Verse Of The Day

LOL of The Week

LOL of The Week

Now Showing This Week

Now Showing This Week

Followers

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

PROOF!!

Mom went with me to class last night so she can see first-hand what I've been raving about for the last 6 weeks. So here I am, all suited up. Thankfully she didn't take a picture of me with the molded plastic chest piece.
This is Patrick, our esteemed coach. Bugger is only 22.
This is me going up against Curtis. He's dead.
Me agaisnt some other kid. He's dead, too.
Here we're playing "Kings and Queens." It's a form of open fencing and organized chaos all wrapped up together. There are two team captains and the rest of the team has the responsiblity of attacking the other team to "kill" their captain while protecting their own captain. We come up with game plans but those usually fly out the window.
Now class is over and we're open fencing. This is me against Alex, our other esteemed coach. He killed me.
Several times over.
I was in a much better mind-set than I was last week and have pretty much come to the conclusion that I'll stay back other 8 weeks. Looking at these pictures I can see that my feet are still not in the right position and my posture needs some work. I'm ok with that now.

There is a beginner's tournament on March 14th that will include two classes from Omaha and one from Lincoln. I think I'll do it. It's on Creighton's campus so I'll have to wear my colors.

BRING IT!!

4 comments:

Gina (Mannyed) said...

so you are really fencing! : ) Just kidding. Good luck in the tourney!

Becca said...

As long as it is something that you enjoy, keep going. It looks like a good form of exercise!

Robin said...

Bring It!! I wish I could be there!!

Kim said...

You look great! I've been taking pictures because my mom asked me to. I wish she could come and take pics of me.

The game sounds like fun! I wonder if we will do anything like that.

Good luck in the tournament, I can't wait to read about it!