Verse Of The Day

LOL of The Week

LOL of The Week

Now Showing This Week

Now Showing This Week

Followers

Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

Caption Contest Winner! This week's seal of approval goes to Tom because he went there! "Looks like the carpet matches the drapes." LOVE IT!!
~~
Weight Watchers Update: It's time to get back on the wagon. Second week of gains, up to 225. Mutter mutter Halloween candy mutter mutter.....
~~
Saturday was an odd day for me. For so many weekends I'm running around the house and cleaning and doing stuff that I would really like to have a Saturday with nothing going on. Well, I had that wish granted and all I did was pace the house looking for something to do. Only did one load of laundry! Finally I was so bored and out of sorts that I started cleaning the bathrooms. How desperate for something to do was I? I even tackled Steve's "Icky Boy" bathroom!

Made home-made chicken noodle soup and baked some bread for dinner Saturday. It's gotten pretty cold pretty quickly last week and soup just sounded good. And it was a pretty decent batch, too, for never having made it before. Some warm jalapeno cheddar bread fresh out of the oven....pretty tasty.

Steve volunteered to make dinner yesterday. He made his lasagna and made the noodles himself! This has always been a bone of contention with me. He has this really nice pasta maker (from Italy) that he bought many moons ago. In the 12 years I've known him he's used it maybe three times. I am of the notion that if something doesn't get used in a year's time it goes bye-bye. So he had lasagna noodles haning around the kitchen. Not to mention he made them green - ON PURPOSE!! They were thinner than store-bought noodles so I wasn't completely convinced. He'll try ravioli sometime, then we'll see what the fate of the pasta maker is. He also did a loaf of italian herb bread that was very tasty.

Mal's been a bit out of sorts for the last few days. Possible combination of teething and flu shot side-effects. Very clingy and whiney, and you all know how much I love that in a child!

As it has been so blasted windy last week, though I am thankful we don't live in North Dakota with over three feet of snow onthe ground, yesterday was a really nice day outside. Though it was nippy, around 40, there was no wind. So I tossed Mallory in her stroller with her winter coat and hat, then a couple of blankets, grabbed the dog and off we went for a 45" walk.

I was cold pretty much all day yesterday and all I wanted to do was curl up under some blankets. My hands and feet were not the culprits, but my core temp felt low and I was sluggy. That's one of the down-sides to losing this much weight; though I've found I can tolerate summers better, winters are tough as I just can't get warm. Maybe it's my thyroid as my blood tests two months ago showed questionable hypothyroidism. Which I find rather odd with losing this much weight. I'll get that checked out next month. *shrugs*

And though it is still unofficial, Obama may get yet another electoral vote from Nebraska's Second Congressional District! We all know this is beyond a moot point, but this is HUGE in the HUGEST sense!!

Nebraska is so red (and not because of the Huskers, thankyouverymuch)that Republican presidential candidates don't campaing here because they know they'll win our state, and because of that Dems don't even bother. HOWEVER! Senator Ben Nelson, back when he was Governor in the early 90s, signed a law that split our states five electoral votes into two regions. Second District (that's Omaha) and then the rest of the state. Maine is the only other state in the Union that has this special provision.

So for the first time EVER, Omaha has become a spot of blue in a sea of red. You betcha, change is coming! ;-)

No comments: