Verse Of The Day

LOL of The Week

LOL of The Week

Now Showing This Week

Now Showing This Week

Followers

Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

NetFlix Movie of the Weekend: "Mr. Brooks" (2007) Kevin Costner stars in this film as a serial killer and his alter ego, Marshall (played by William Hurt), and his daily battles of resisting the urge to kill again. I liked his thougth process and converstaions with Marshall, but the ending was weak and very bizare. I was hoping for a more creepy Kevin Costner, but I think he does better in the you-want-me-but-can't-have-me roles.
~~
Caption Contest Winner: Out of default this week's winner is Nadine with, "You put both hands in and you shake them all about...you do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself about...That's what it's all about!"
~~
Weight Watchers Update: At the end of Week 9 I dropped another 1.8# giving me a total of 22.6#. However, after this weekend, I know I put all of that back on and more. Last night I stuffed a chicken with home made pesto between the skin and meat and cooked it on the grill for a couple of hours along with some corn on the cob.

Damn. Thems some guuuud eats!
~~
Not much else to report this weekend....can't believe that schools around here start back this week. When I was in school we didn't go back until the week before Labor Day. But the middle of August?? That's just nuts.

Mallory is pretty much walking exclusively. Stay tuned to tomorrow's post.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I have been wanting to see that video and just haven't done it.
The Schools start here this week too. A few years ago there was big stink about starting so early in the heat of the summer, they wanted to start later so they wouldn't spend so much on AC...they musta got over that!